Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sewing in German...


I've recently been asked to make a German costume. Blouse, Dress, Apron. The catch? The pattern is written completely in German! I started with the apron today. I've decided that sewing with a pattern in a different language is like putting together a puzzle without looking at the picture. :^) I am actually having fun with it.

Say what?!?


Making sure the pin tucks are even. It's never good to have uneven pin tucks!


Ah! The completed apron. Or, schurze...


Pin tucks. (Though they are time consuming and can sometimes be frustrating, I really like pin tucks).


Tied in a bow in the front. Just like the picture. (Cause I didn't read that it's supposed to look like that!).
~
I'm sure if someone - a German, perhaps - were to read the instructions they would find faults with the way I did it. I hope it's not too far off, but, I did the best I knew how. :^) And had fun doing it!

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing Kerry!!!
    I have a new blog!
    www.cowgirlcreativity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete